Thank you for your interest! The 2021 Essay Contest has now concluded. We look forward to your participation in next year's contest!
Essay theme: “A Seat at the Table!”
To commemorate the first 100 days of the Biden-Harris Administration, Congresswoman Sara Jacobs invites CA-53 constituents of all ages to participate in the congressional essay contest highlighting this year’s theme, “A Seat at the Table!” Winners will receive a limited edition White House-issued inauguration program or ticket. These keepsakes are from President Biden’s official inauguration ceremony on January 20, 2021. To participate, write an essay answering one of the following questions:
1. What does the Biden-Harris Administration mean to you?
2. What does it mean to you to have a woman of color serving as Vice President?
3. What are you most excited about seeing in President Biden’s first term?
4. What would you do if you were President or Vice President?
5. Who do you want to see as President of the United States and why?
Essays are due by Monday, May 31, 2021 by 5:30PM to Korral Taylor via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open to constituents of all ages, must live in the 53rd Congressional District.
- Essay must be no more than 750 words.
- All entries must include a cover page with essay title, full name, home address, phone number and email address.
- All entries must be in Word or PDF format.